Thursday, June 17, 2010

Vampires and Werewolves

You know, I bet the idea for Dracula came from Leukemia. I can see Bram Stoker standing over a Leukemic patient back in the 19th century, and seeing how pale they looked and then how much stronger they would become with each transfusion of blood. Of course back then they didn't have a concept of cancer so they must have thought the blood was leaving somehow. Well whatever vampires have all become fucked anyway. The original Dracula was an actual monster, he is scary, I was scared reading the book, and that is rare. Nowadays we have vampire diaries where the vampires are all pretty boys who cant keep away from highschool girls and then we have Twilight. I can't even comment on that one. True Blood does a pretty good job of staying true to Vampirism (really like what they did with the vampire hiararchy) but theres still the whole Bill-SOOKEH romance. Oh well you gotta have SOME love interest, right?

I also got to see the movie Wolfman last weekend and I really enjoyed it. Anthony Hopkins is always a spectacle, and Benicio makes a great monsta. What really interested me here though is the full moon. "She exerts such power", Anthony says at one point. And truthfully, she really does. The roughest, toughest, scariest episode of this treatment round was during the full moon. I had a very high, mysterious fever, I was having horrible nightmares - the worst of my life - whenever I slept. And I would wake up to see the giant moon staring me in the face. One night it's top half was covered by a cloud and it had that yellow tinge so what I was left with was a huge cat eye staring me down...it was quite wild.

Souls that are more sensitive will feel the moon's effects at a greater level. Those who are less sensitive might just have a bad day where a lot of shit goes wrong. Car troubles is a big one. I for one wish to be put into a medically induced coma next time it starts to get full. But I mean, it does just bring us what we need. I was able to move a whole lot of fear last time.

Oh yea, in other news, the headache I was still dealing with from the anti-fungal has been healed by Cynthia's magic hands. I am so lucky to know the people I know. When I open my own healing center for cancer patients it is going to be packed full of massage therapists and hands on healers. Might even throw some shamans into the mix. And werewolves. You always need werewolves. Fuck vampires though, they had their chance, and they whored themselves out!

No comments:

Post a Comment