Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Constant

The day was soon after I had just found out I had cancer again. I was so sad. So depressed. I have never been an angry person but try as I might I would feebly try to piece together WHY ME- why was this happening AGAIN. I was soaking in a bath, wallowing in my misery, tears and sobs of such sadness. I stepped out of the bath finally and met myself in the bathroom mirror. I observed myself, took in my young body, my skin, my muscles, veins, water droplets, enlarged lymph nodes (due to the cancer), all of it.

I was brought to my face. Ah the face, the centre of the utmost intense emotional expression. My poor face was so sad; so distraught and stressed under the pressures of all the crying.

Then suddenly my focus was brought to my eyes. My eyes. Two shining beacons of constant light. At least that's what they seemed to be in contrast to the rest of my face. The eyes were beyond my face, and they shone with a warmth from beyond this world. It was amazing. It made me smile. It made me laugh.

This was a turning point for me...

1 comment:

  1. Truly a beautiful turning point. It is true that your eyes will show you the brightness of your soul. Many best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete