Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Crushed

A piece of writing I did a month or so ago before the Leukemia fell back on my lap:

It feels as if I am being crushed...but then it is gone. There is a giant body of fear lingering, hovering, waiting above me, waiting for the right moments to apply pressure. It comes and goes but I feel as if its ultimate purpose here is to stamp out my existence here on this earth. It would have me believe this, but I know better.

The human body is a conduit of expression for the soul. The soul is here, on this earth, to grow through experiences found only through the human body. The soul will incarnate into a body and experience what is required in that lifetime in order for growth. It will return, many lifetimes, until it has accomplished what it has set out to do. So many souls, all interacting, all weaving together – bringing each other the experiences required for evolution on the level of the spirit.

Human beings, you and I, come from a purity so powerful, so brilliant and so warm it can only be the stuff of love. I see this purity in everyone around me and it makes me smile. Mothers, sons, lovers, leaders, and even criminals – they are all perfect – souls just experiencing what life has to offer for them and then moving on.

It is only in the human body that we can experience loss, anger, sadness, fear, and all the physical manifestations (illness and disease) that a soul desires to experience for growth. At the same time though it is here that we can express and experience joy, lust, awe, inspiration and love. We are such powerful creators – we create and bring to us these experiences as we need them and only when we are ready for them.

...to be continued?

No comments:

Post a Comment