Tuesday, August 17, 2010

When the physical fails...

The morning of hospital visits are always the most challenging because you're at your lowest. Like this morning for example I couldn't even walk and we have like 20 steps outfront our house. I made it to our front door and we realized it wasn't going to work. So my dad says "get on my back" and at first I was a bit hesitant - I think that we will just topple and all the kings horses and all the kings men... So I hop on his back anyway, and by hop I mean flop on to his back and away we go. One step "hooly shit" next step, and the next, lol my dad had the utmost confidence and I was just blown away by how strong he is haha. Or how light I am. Shit.

So we get to the bottom and he makes a break for the car and I cant stop laughing at the sight. I was just holding on for dear life while my long legs are dangling away as we cut across are neighborhood like some refugees. Hopefully nobody saw us! Imagine seeing that with your morning coffee.

So we made it to the car and all was well. It was actually really fun. I love my dad.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Dad too. He's amazing. I wish we had a pic of the sprint for the car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love your dad immensely too. You have a good guardian by your side xxxx Aunt L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A father and Son bond, you give each other strenght. These are beautiful treasured moments between you and your dad. To bad no one had a camera it would of been cute to have a visual of you and your dad running to the car..LOL but then again that is your moment with your dad, its nice to have that just the two of you.

    Susana

    ReplyDelete