Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The weather gets hot and so do I...

Went out on a day pass to spend Victoria day with the family. Overall it was pretty awesome even though at that point I was still bloated beyond belief. Eating good and hearty BBQ meats when you're that backed up really didn't work and I spent much of the evening just lying on a bed farting. No but really it was a lot of fun. I was really exhausted by the end of it all though, and I am fairly sure that is where I may have picked up a little bug.

When you're immune system is erased by chemotherapy, as in my case, it is very risky to catch something as it can run rampant in your system uncontrolled dealing lots of even permanent damage. To say the least it felt good to be back in the safe-haven of the hospital. The next day I did indeed have a fever and the medical mans went to work. Probably the most annoying side-effect of a fever too is the HUGE fatigue. You really feel entirely drained, like to the point where standing is the biggest challenge in the world.

But HEY WAIT, I forgot to mention that that morning my bowels did indeed finally open the gates and so much glory was had. Choirs of angels sang in my head as I released what was probably a football field length of backup sewage.

Apart from that though, mostly a pretty mundane day. I bugged a nurse and she offered to wheelchair me over to the indigo in the nextdoor hospital. What a cutie.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. Never before has a massive shit sounded so... so... Godlike.

    ReplyDelete